Friday, August 14, 2015

The wisdom in Age

The story of Rehoboam can be found in 2Chronicles 10. After King Solomon, who was called the wises mam ever, died, his son Rehoboam took the throne. Rehoboam was placed in a situation when he had to make a decision whether to rule harshly or lovingly. He first sought the advice of the elders of His time. Their advice was, "if you will be kind to these people and please them and give them a favorable answer, the will always be your servants. Yet, Rehoboam also decided to seek the advice of His peers. "Tell them, my little finger is thicker than my father's waist. My father laid on you a heavy yoke, I will make it even heavier." Of course he decided on the advice of the latter. This caused them tragedy years down the line.


Wisdom goes a long way. Knowledge of wisdom stems from experience. 9 times out of 10 the older one becomes. The deeper their knowledge. Yet true wisdom stem from God, cause through Him we are able to discern situations through His eyes. The older I become the more I respect the advice and lectures from my mother and grandparents. I may not reciprocate the feelings immediately, but every lecture and every punishment was a seed into the right direction, and I appreciate it all the more!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment